Breast Reduction at Advanced Specialty Care in Connecticut
Breast reduction is designed to reduce the weight of the breasts and to reshape and better proportion the breasts. Breast reduction surgery is often performed in conjunction with a mastopexy, or breast lift, which also raises the nipples.
Breast reduction surgery is often done to help relieve back pain and any psychical limitations caused by large, heavy breasts.
About Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast reduction surgery is an excellent option for patients who are bothered by the size of their breasts. Common complaints that lead women to pursue breast reduction include chronic back and neck pain, grooving from their bras, inability to exercise, rashes around the breasts and general difficulty and interference with their daily activities.
Patients who undergo breast reduction surgery often achieve relief of back and neck symptoms, have improved body image and are able to exercise more vigorously. Overall, the surgery is well tolerated and has a very high satisfaction rate.
The goal of the surgical procedure is to reduce the size of the breasts and tighten the skin envelope in order to make the breasts a more appropriate fit for the patient’s body shape while also bringing the nipples up to a higher position when performed in conjunction with a breast lift or mastopexy.
Many insurance plans cover the costs of breast reduction surgery in the appropriate patient. Patients who have a history of prior treatment of neck and back symptoms have a higher chance of approval. The patient’s height, weight, bra size, and prior symptoms are submitted for review prior to approval.
- The surgery is designed to make the breast smaller, improve nipple position when performed with a mastopexy or breast lift, and correct any drooping.
- Insurance may cover the cost of breast reduction surgery.
- Consultation with a surgeon is necessary to document the symptoms prior to submission to an insurance company.
- The surgery can relieve neck and back pain, help women return to exercise, and help them feel more confident in their body image.
Issues resolved with breast reduction surgery are:
- Low-hanging breasts and stretched skin
- Chronic back, neck and shoulder pain
- Chronic rash under the breasts
- Deep grooves in the shoulders from bra strap pressure
- Poor posture
- Restricted activity
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulty fitting into bras and clothing
The Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons at Advanced Specialty Care can discuss breast reduction and breast lift surgical options with you. To schedule your breast reduction surgery in one of our four convenient Connecticut office locations in Danbury, New Milford, Norwalk and Ridgefield, contact our office today.